Monday, April 23, 2012

Idea of Blogging




Back in 2010 I came to know about 11 Garuda seva in Tirunangur and I was wondering how they will bring all the perumals and conduct a night long garuda seva.

I have always enjoyed about garuda sevai and was all excited about 11 garuda sevai at a time in tirunangur. I started searching in google and found some blogs and

websites carrying little information and I could not get the pictures of garuda sevai. It was in the beginning of 2011 and I found an invitation about 11 garuda sevai in Tirunangur. I booked train tickets and took sick leave from office.

I left by Bangalore by train and reached Mayiladuthurai at 7am. I took a room for short time (200rs for 2hrs). I took bath and left my bag in hotel. I visited   tiruvalanthur and tiruindhalur divyadesams. I collected my bag from the hotel and left for sirkazhi. From sirkazhi I reached nangur by bus at 2pm. I enjoyed the garuda sevai till next day morning and left for sirkazhi. Again I took a room for 2hrs.(150 for 2hrs). I took bath and I visited Sirkazhia and chidambaram divyadesams.

After dharsan at chidambaram I left for Kumbakonam. Rested till evening in hotel and visited Nachiarkoil and oppiliappan temples. Next day morning left for mannargudi to have dharsan of rajagopalan. From there I travelled in a bus via tiruvarur to visit thirukannamangai and tirucherai divyadesams. I left for kumbakonam after my dharsan at tirucherai and rested in the afternoon.

In the evening I visited sarangapani temple. I reached the temple at 4.30pm and I was told that the temple opens at 5pm. I was sitting in the outer mandapam and I was recollecting my visit to various divyadesams in last 2 days. I was overjoyed and suddenly the idea of blogging came to my mind. I had spent lot of time in google planning my visit to these temples and 11 garuda sevai. I was not very confident as I owned a blog since 2005 and I had 600 visits in 5 years (Majority of visits by me). so I was afraid to create a blog and end up visited only by me. But I wanted to help others by sharing the information/photos from my visits.

As I was thinking about the blog bhattar arrived and I had dharsan of Sri Komalavalli Thayar and Sarangapani. Now I was feeling confident and I prayed to
perumal to provide his blessings for my blog. I collected a picture of this perumal and you can see this picture as the coverpage in my blog. I left for ramar temple and had nice dharsan. I rushed to hotel, packed my bags and left for bangalore by KSRTC which I had prebooked.

I slept off in the bus and suddenly the bus conductor woke me and told the bus has reached the last stop. I reached home,refreshed myself and left for office. After a busyday in office. Over the next 3 days I was busy with work. Finally the weekend came and I created a blog and posted photos of garuda sevai as my first post and few other posts in the next few days. With perumal's blessing I had 500 visitors in the first week. It was a confidence boost for me and started posting photos and articles as they came. Today one year and 4months on and 67000+ visitors have visited my blog. Thanks to all those who visited my blog and encouraged me to post more.

Many people ask me the secret and I dont know what to tell them. Even my wife doesn't know the address of this blog or she has never visited this blog.

This blog is dedicated to perumal and his bhaktas, I will continue to post photos/articles and event details of various temples.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dude can u tel me where had u taken room for such short time in mayiladuthurai... can u tel me the address or phone no as i ll be reaching much earlier around 4 : 30 hrs....

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ram, I don't remember the name of the lodge. It is just opposite to the main busstand. you need to clearly tell them that you need room for refreshment.

    ReplyDelete