Thursday, February 23, 2012

Soumya Keshava swamy temple, Nagamangala

Nagamangala is a small town in Mandya district and soumya keshava swamy temple is in the middle of town. It is 60kms from mandya and regular buses are available from Mandya, K.R.Pet, Mysore. One can catch Bangalore -Mysore Train and get down at Mandya station. From Mandya frequent bus facilities are available. Once you reach Nagamangala you can get down in the circle and walk to the temple. The bus stand is 1km from the temple and I advise you to ask for the temple and get down at the bus stop. You can also take Bangalore -Hassan bus and get down at belur cross and reach the temple by auto/taxi. I feel Bangalore-Mandya-Nagamangala is easily accessible. I went to this temple from Mysore. I went to K.R.pet Hosaholalu lakshminarayana temple and I travelled to nagamangala. I reached Nagamangala at 1.30pm and I walked to the temple. To my suprise the temple was open at 1pm and I was there till  2pm. This temple is a naga kshetra and more information and history of temple is available in below link.


Picture taken from google images

Picture taken from google images



0 comments:

Post a Comment