Friday, October 14, 2011

Shri Adhikesava Perumal temple – Thiruvattar










After my dharsan at Trivandrum, I left for Marthandam at 10am. I reached Marthandam at 11.20am. I took direct bus to Tiruvattaru (7kms from Marthandam and bus services are plenty) and 4 people traveled along with me including Driver and conductor. The temple closes at 11.30am and opens at 5pm. The bus reached Tiruvattaru at 11:35 and I rushed to the temple praying to Perumal for the temple to be open. To my surprise the temple was still open and I was asked to rush to have dharsan. I went inside and the bhattar asked me to wait for 15 minutes as the uchi Kala pooja was going on. I waited and had wonderful dharsan after 20 minutes. The temple closed at 12:30pm.
Marthandam is 30km from Nagerkoil and 55 kms from Trivandrum. From Marthandam you find plenty of buses which passes through Tiruvattaru. Buses from Marthandam to Kulasaekam, Pechiparai annai, stops at tiruvattaru.

Perumal is facing west so he is lying in the opposite direction. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment