Monday, February 21, 2011

Hoysala Temples -Belur Chennakeshava temple


After excited visit at the Halebid temple I went to bus stand to check out the transportation for Belavadi temple and I was told there is no direct bus to Belavadi. The main attraction in Belavadi is the Veera Narayana Temple built in 1200 AD by Hoysala Veera Ballala II. I decided to visit this temple during my next trip and left for Belur by bus. Belur is 17km from Halebid. The Chennakeshava temple is located 1km from the main bus stand. You can walk to this temple. Belur is bigger town with better facilities than Halebid.
The temple Gopuram is majestic and one of the best I have seen. I was very much attached to the temple gopuram and I have covered it as much as I can. Now you can enjoy the photos.
Main Gopuram


Gopuram-View from inside



Temple theru

Kalyani Tank

Beautiful Garuda I have ever seen



Moolavar


3 comments: